Thursday, December 3, 2009

Great Customer Service Builds Brands

Last year I ordered a free-range turkey to cook for family Christmas dinner. I'd never cooked a turkey before and had some small disasters (another story) but the end result was fantastic and a number of our guests commented on what a great turkey it was.

So this year I decided to repeat it and just placed an order from the same supplier (I've had no dealings with them before last year and no subsequent dealings). I also ordered a ham.

I placed the order via email at 3.24p.m. At 3.42p.m. I received an email back from the CEO (and son of the founder):

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your order.

It’s great to have you back buying from us again this Christmas.

Take care and all the very best.

Regards

Anthony Puharich
CEO



What a great way to endear yourself to a customer; what a great way to build a brand. It is no wonder they have built such a successful business and it is clearly no accident.

Hats off to Vic's Premium Meats (and I can genuinely recommend their turkeys)



No comments: